“Friendly and professional service”
Satisfied customer, 6th July ’14
MOT Testing in Milton Keynes
MOT tests are a requirement for vehicles that are 3 years of age or older. This is to ensure that your vehicle meets the minimum safety standards required by law. We are authorised by the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) to conduct MOT tests, so our specialist MOT testers can carry out a comprehensive inspection of your vehicle to ensure that it meets all recommended safety standards.
The DVSA issue a required list of items to check on an MOT test. This list includes the following:
- Steering control.
- Steering system.
- Power steering.
- Suspension – general.
- Front suspension, front wheel bearings and driveshafts.
- Rear suspension and rear wheel bearings.
- Shock absorbers.
- Parking brake lever mechanism.
- Hand operated brake control valves.
- Service brake control.
- Anti-lock braking system.
- Mechanical brake components.
- Hydraulic, air and vacuum systems.
- Brake performance.
- Drivers view of the road.
- Audible warning (horn).
- Exhaust system.
- Exhaust emissions Petrol & diesel.
- General condition of vehicle.
- Vehicle structure.
- Body security.
- Body condition.
- Load security.
- Spare wheel and carrier.
- Fuel system.
- Registration plates and VIN details.
- Front and rear position lamps, rear registration plate.
- lamps, rear fog.
- Rear reflectors.
- Direction indicators and hazard warning devices.
- Headlamp aim.
* This list is not exhaustive.